We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of participating in activities at our parks, LIVING ART Co., Ltd. and ESC THAI WAKE PARK Co., Ltd. are the Data Controllers and are responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way, in accordance with all applicable data protection laws and regulations, particularly the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What personal data we hold on you
You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms online, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register on our booking system provided by WakeSys. The information you provide to us may include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, postal address, telephone number(s), emergency contact and a picture. We may also ask you to volunteer relevant medical information.
Why we need your personal data
The reason we need your data as detailed above is to be able to provide the services you are signing up to when you register. Our lawful basis for processing your personal data is that we have a contractual obligation to you to provide the services you are registering for.
Reasons we need to process your data include:
• Your first name, last name, birthday and gender are used to find you in the WakeSys booking system and identify you as the holder of a valid ticket and/or season pass and/or membership. In addition, your first name and your last name will be displayed on your personal receipts and on your release of liability. This information also serves for security reasons. In case of an emergency on the water, we know who you are and who to contact.
• The email address is used to send you your login credentials, notifications concerning your bookings, invitations to events hosts invite you to or events that you have created. You always have the option to unsubscribe from the WakeSys email notifications.
• Your address, postal code, city, country, and state are only used to be displayed on receipts and invoices and on the release of liability.
• Your phone number is used to inform you about last-minute cancellations of tickets and events.
• The emergency contact is only used if something has happened to you, and we need to notify a person close to you.
• After signing up, a member of staff will take a picture of your face, to connect you to your profile. This is necessary to identify you as the holder of a valid ticket and/or season pass and/or membership, at the starting dock and/or cash register.
• Any medical information we hold on you is only processed for the purpose of passing to coaches/lifeguards to allow the safe running of sessions, or passing to medical professionals in the event of an accident. We process this data on the lawful basis of consent. Therefore, we will also need your explicit consent to process this data, which we will ask for at the point of collecting it.
• The email address and password that you set up will be your login credentials to login to the WakeSys booking system, all passwords are stored encrypted on WakeSys servers. Logging in to your account at any time allows you to see the personal information stored in WakeSys, as well as the option to delete your account.
• For Marketing and communications (where separate consent is provided) your email address will be used for sending information about promotions, offers and member benefits and occasional newsletters.
We have the following social media pages, Facebook, Instagram. All customers are free to join these pages. If you join one of the Social Media pages, please note that the provider of the social media platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data on our social media pages.
Who we share your personal data with
We guarantee that your data is not processed for any further purposes other than those detailed in this policy. We absolutely refrain from passing on and/or selling your personal data for advertising purposes or other purposes not detailed above.
How long we hold your personal data
We will hold your personal data on file for as long as you participate with us. Any personal data we hold on you will be deleted after four years of inactivity on your account, however you have the right to delete your account at any point. The only exception to this is for legal reasons we are required to retain billing information and release of liability information for 10 years.
Your rights regarding your personal data
As a data subject you have the right at any time to request access to, rectification or erasure of your personal data; to restrict or object to certain kinds of processing of your personal data, including direct marketing.
As a data subject you are not obliged to share your personal data with us. If you choose not to share your personal data with us, we may not be able to allow you to participate.